Who are we?
We’re A.C.T Lighting, the leading North American distributor of entertainment technologies and a relationship driven company that consistently delivers the best lighting equipment on the planet alongside world-class support to our customers.
Who are you?
You’re driven by a desire to see a job done right, and then some. You’re probably a lighting professional looking to make a career in the fast-paced and demanding live entertainment industry that doesn’t require updating a resume every eight weeks.
Technical Support - East Coast Office
We are the exclusive distributor of MA Lighting Technology entertainment lighting control products used for the biggest concerts, TV shows, and architectural installations in the world. We are seeking a full-time, motivated individual to join our team of software technical support specialists.
We need an in-house product specialist for a long-term position of supporting the vendors and end users of top tier MA Lighting products in the Architectural, Concert, and Theatrical industries. Your tasks will entail supporting customers, testing equipment, and beta testing new software. During your off-hours our location in Hackensack, NJ also provides easy access to one of the biggest cities in the world. We’re looking for a highly productive professional who will be part of what makes us the leading entertainment support company in the industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess software questions via Email and telephone during business hours
- Prepare equipment for sales and demos
- Evaluate and beta test new software
- Provide after-hours emergency support by telephone and Email
- Assist with the creation of product tutorials for customers and sales team
- Offer suggestions for software and process improvements
- One (or more) of the following:
Excellent communication skills
Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
A passion for helping people
Attention to detail
Proficiency in computer technology (Mac, Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Degree in Lighting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the Entertainment Lighting industry
- Degree in Technology, Computer Science, or related field
Beneficial Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Ethernet, networking, and network topology
- Knowledge of XML and XSL stylesheet language
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and/or drafting
- Knowledge of video codecs, transcoding, and control
- Knowledge of LUA scripting language
Service Technician - Burbank, California
A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is a leading importer and distributor of cutting edge lighting products. The company provides superior customer service and value to all its clients.
The qualified candidate will be self-motivated, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work within a team in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair consoles and fixtures both under supervision and independently.
- Deliver prompt and courteous communication of equipment status to customers.
- Prep new equipment to be sold as per company guidelines.
- Provide product customer support.
- Assist sales team with technical information and product demonstrations as necessary.
- Travel to perform onsite service calls and attend tradeshows as required.
- Prepare and keep records pertaining to labor, equipment, and materials used in assigned projects.
- Minimum 1 year of production entertainment industry experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the use, and maintenance of moving lights and lighting consoles.
- A passion for helping people
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, and technical documents.
- Proficiency in computer technology (Mac, Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Previous experience in the use, and maintenance of MA, Ayrton, and Robert Juliat products.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Ability to stand for prolonged preiods of time.
A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and